6.21.2011

Runza Casserole...mmm

In an effort to be more homemakerish, I tried my hand at Runza Casserole tonight.  It certainly had its ups and downs.  I always get nervous trying something new and it usually doesn’t turn out quite right the first time around. 
The ingredients were ready to go, but I decided to make a smaller portion since there were only two of us eating.  Seemed simple enoughjust use half of each of the ingredients.  Everything was going well until it was time to lay out the crescent rolls.  Rookie Mistake #1 Use at least two packages of crescent rolls next time.   Half the package didn’t quite cover the bottom even with every effort to stretch the dough. 

 Rookie Mistake #2 Use a larger pan to fry the hamburger, onions and cabbage.  It was a little tough at the end as the ingredients were nearly over flowing!

I continued on with my stomach growling louder by the minute.  After already learning in rookie mistake #1 that I needed more dough, I knew I would have to make due as I tried to cover the top of the meat.  Stretching the dough would do no good, so I decided to just leave a little uncovered.
I patiently waited for my Runza Casserole to bake when Rookie Mistake #3 dawned on meI forgot to add the cheese!  Oops!  I was not extremely disappointed because I generally order my Runzas without cheese.
The baking was done and it was time to eat.  I even tried a little sample while I waited for Trent to get home.  I couldn’t wait to try it out and while I’m not one to brag, it was delicious!
{The Final Verdict}
Presentation: C
Taste: Ain my opinion!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! I made my first attempt at Runzas a few weeks ago and they turned out pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I love the "final verdict" :) see ya saturday megs!

    ReplyDelete