7.13.2010

Getting Older...

Lately I have been noticing little things that have suddenly made me think…I’m getting older. It all started about a month ago when I realized that I did not like Justin Bieber. He was the first teeny bopper type singer that I simply cannot stand. I am normally all over that kind of music…Hilary Duff, Hannah Montana and N’Sync were among some of my favorites. However, even with a valiant effort to relentlessly search his music and listen to it on You Tube, I simply cannot handle Justin Bieber.

My second realization came at Wal-Mart last week. I made a purchase that I was quite excited about. It wasn’t clothes or make-up or a movie…it was dryer sheets! Snuggle has a new brand of dryer sheets out. They are the exhilarations brand and they smell AMAZING! I have never been so excited about doing laundry in my life. Unfortunately, I don’t think that most people would think that new dryer sheets are an exciting purchase…AKA, I’m getting older. My priorities and exciting purchases have taken a drastic twist.

Finally, today I received a letter in the mail stating that I need to renew my driver’s license. It specifically said that it would be expiring within the next 90 days. Then it dawned on me that within the next 90 day I will be turning 26. My stomach dropped when I realized that being 26 would now make me closer to thirty than twenty. Something about thirty just sounds old.

Although several realizations have brought me to the conclusion that I am getting older, I am still young at heart! I may not like Justin Bieber and am excited about my new dryer sheets, but I will still watch the final season of Hannah Montana, play games and eat ice-cream for breakfast. Some things never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment