2.13.2012

I Believe the Children are Our Future…

I love my sister, but growing up, she was always the boss.  I think it comes with the territory of being first born.  For me, it was character building.  When we played school she was the teacher and I was the student.  One time she made me write “I will not talk back to the teacher” ten times.  My life was rough.

One of my favorite memories is our late night singing lessons.  Long after we should have been in bed, I would stand on the kitchen stool and sing “I Believe the Children are Our Future” at the top of my lungs while Jamie would critique me...less like Kermit the Frog and more like Whitney Houston.  Come on Meg.  I never quite nailed it.

Thank you Jamie  and Whitney for that memory.  I am not a singer.  Sometimes I think I sound good, but this is just because the music is so loud I can’t actually hear myself.

DSC02510

Tomorrow will be a crazy day at school.  It’s Valentine’s Day.  The kids are so excited.  I painted my finger nails red in celebration.  Must. Get. Sleep!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

{The Launes}

1 comment: