3.02.2014

DIY…

I have lots of good ideas that start with Pinterest and end with lost time and sometimes a trip to Hobby Lobby.  I came across a sofa table awhile back that I just had to have.  It was beautiful and I dreamed of having it in my own home.

Sharing it with Trent, he thought it would be easy enough to make.  So, a trip to Home Depot and we were all set.  It was the perfect couples project. :)

First off…the inspiration…

Sofa Table

{Source}

Unfortunately, the original post I found did not give any type of specific measurements for the masterpiece, so Trent improvised and came up with his own plan based on what we could see in the picture.

And now, our journey of creating a sofa table over a year’s time period…

DSC02660DSC02666DSC02668

Trent seriously couldn’t be more excited about helping me with any do it yourself project that requires a router or saw….but he is a trouper and willing to help me with all my crazy crafty ideas.

iPhone 185

After about a year we finally stained the table…

And the finished product…

DSC05515

I still have a few ideas to spruce up the décor on the table, but otherwise I am in love with it!

I am already looking forward to my next Do It Yourself  furniture project and searching Pinterest for ideas…

Until then…

{The Launes}

2 comments: