10.17.2014

29 and Holding…

Thirty.  The big three o.  No matter how I say it, it just sounds old.  I know I still got a lot of good years ahead of me and that the best is probably yet to come.  However, those big milestone birthdays where the decade rolls over to the next are a little hard to swallow.  Lucky for me I got to spend the day with some of my favorite people.  My mom and sister made the trip to Greenville to help me celebrate my birthday.  It was a quick trip for them, but we spent lots of quality time together while it lasted.

DSCN0537

Jamie and I started out the day with a little run.  Market to Market was only a week away so there was no rest for the weary.  It was a crisp and windy fall morning, but not much feels better than a cool breeze in your face!

DSCN0544

After a birthday jog we enjoyed birthday coffee! 

DSCN0545

Cheers to 30!

DSCN0565

DSCN0567DSCN0571DSCN0574

Patty even brought cake to the game for half time! 

DSCN0576

Me and Coach!  In a shootout to the end, Greenville came out on top 63-44.  Let’s just say it’s hard to find a happy defensive coordinator when they’ve had 44 points put up on them, but he was a pretty good sport and posed for a picture.

DSCN0577DSCN0596

Thanks to Mary, Julie and Jane (the old FCA crew) we had a lot of fun and some good laughs with these fun waxed lips and mustache!  Nothing says happy birthday like waxed lips!

DSCN0597

But really, I mustache you a question…

DSC06432

Nothing like a mailbox overflowing with cards to make a girl feel loved on her birthday!

DSC06437

Then, on Tuesday Delores, the sweetest neighbor you could ever imagine, took me out to lunch for my birthday.   We went to a little winery outside a nearby town and had lunch and cake.  It was so fun celebrating with her!

All in all it was a great birthday!  Lots of celebrating and I am so thankful for all of the love I felt!

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Yay, 30!!!! Looks like such a fun day! I loved catching up on your posts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete