6.02.2015

The Windy City…

In all my thirty years, I have never been to Chicago.  I’ve been to the airport.  Both Midway and O’Hare, but never outside those walls.  Last Saturday, on a whim, I drove a little over three hours north to meet up with Trent who was working at a football camp at Olivet Nazarene University.  We spent the evening (and wee hours of the morning) with our friends, the DiSandros, who moved up there last winter.

Then Sunday morning Trent and I decided to take the train into the city and explore Chicago a little.  It may have been the shortest trip on record to Chicago, but we managed to squeeze in some fun.

IMG_1952

Number one on my list was the Bean.  It was crazy busy around the Bean at Millennium Park, but I managed to snap a couple of pictures.

IMG_1953

IMG_1956IMG_1957

We stopped for lunch at Giordano’s for some Chicago style pizza.  If you are ever in the Chicago area, I would recommend Giordano’s at Navy Pier.  I think they were the friendliest wait staff I have ever encountered.  And the pizza was uh-mazing, too!

IMG_1960

A view of the city from Navy Pier…a little gloomy and cool, but still a nice view!

IMG_1962

IMG_1963IMG_1968IMG_1964IMG_1967

And then came the rain.  Trent is clearly thrilled that I thought this picture was necessary.  Just as we were ready to head back to the train it started to rain.  Nearly thirty minutes in the rain left us riding back on the train most likely smelling like wet dogs.

With less than three and a half hours in the city we were able to see the bean, Navy Pier and eat at Giordano’s.  Like I said, it may be a record for shortest visit to Chicago, but we got to dip our toes into big city life for a few hours.  Now I just have to convince Trent to go back…

Until then…

{The Launes}

2 comments:

  1. I've never been there either, so I may be one of the only people who is jealous of your super short trip :)

    ReplyDelete