10.30.2015

An Apple a Day…

Apple season is officially in full swing.  I love this time of year and fresh apples for baking.  My apples this fall just happened to come from my Grandma’s apple tree in Nebraska.  Jamie and mom came out to visit just in time to deliver me some hand picked apples. 

photo 1

I have made apple crisp a handful of times(of course I didn’t get any pictures of it).  It is my go to dessert this time of year!  Just the other day one of Trent’s players was asking when we were going to have him over for dinner and apple crisp.  :) I also experimented with freezing the apples after I cut and peeled them and it worked surprisingly well.  I am also obsessed with pairing my apple crisp with a quart of Dairy Queen vanilla ice cream.  There is not better treat than warm apple crisp and vanilla ice cream.

Another seasonal favorite is applesauce in the crockpot.  Basically, I will take any excuse to use my crockpot. 

photo 2

Until next apple season…

photo (5)

{The Launes}

 

No comments:

Post a Comment