9.04.2014

#17: Take Me Out to the Ball Game…

I’m in a slump.  Like a do I really have to change out of the clothes I’ve been wearing for the past two days?  kind of slump.  On the bright side, I do still wash my face and brush my teeth twice a day and I have knocked out 5 seasons of Friends DVDs and read 7 books since I’ve been here.  I have also had one subbing job.  I know I just need to get into a routine and get over the initial fear of the unknown world of subbing, but I have found myself getting into bed each night this week and quietly praying that no one would call me to sub in the morning.  I should be embracing it all, but instead, I am giving into the fear.  The unknown.

With that being said, there is no real excuse as to why I have not wrote about number 17 on my list: go to a Cardinal baseball game.  It was a month ago!  Well, no excuse except Friends DVDs, reading and Pinterest. 

Going to a Cardinal baseball game was kind of a when in Rome moment.  The Cards are huge here.  If there is a game (which in MLB is basically every night) then people are decked out from head to toe in their Cardinal attire.  It seems like everyone loves and follows the Cards.  I wanted a little taste of what all the excitement was about.

Therefore, on a Wednesday night in early August, we loaded up and headed to St. Louis for a game verses the Red Sox. 

IMG_1166

I may or may not have been more excited about seeing the arch from our seats than I was for the actual game.

IMG_1167

We even got our own Cardinal shirts for the game…like I said, when  in Rome.

IMG_1169

It was a fun game…after an hour long rain and lighting delay.   Cards lost in the 9th, but I got to check another thing off my list!

Until next time…

{The Launes}

2 comments:

  1. Miss you so much. The beginning of the school year is probably tough when you've taught for awhile - and sub jobs can be harder to find in August. Sometimes it's tough to break into a district until they know you. But subbing can really be So. Much. Fun. Hope you get out of your slump and find your teaching feet again soon. You're so good at it! In the meantime - enjoy the down time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! It sounds like you've been doing some important work :)

    ReplyDelete