9.15.2014

A Bushel and a Peck…

What!?  Three days in a row!  If this was like my Nike running app it would be congratulating me for blogging three days in a row or better yet, for blogging more times this week than last week.  Maybe that’s what I need…a little motivation from the blogging voices.

Anyway, this past Saturday was a perfect fall morning.  Cool temperatures, plenty of sunshine and a trip to the local apple orchard.  Like I mentioned in my last post, Patty, another coach’s wife is showing me some of the ins and outs of southern Illinois.  This time we headed up the highway to a little apple orchard outside of Marine.  It was the full apple picking experience!

IMG_1277

IMG_1273IMG_1278IMG_1279IMG_1280

After the orchard it was back to Greenville for a busy day.  Until I had my blonde moment, or maybe just a Megan moment.  I completely locked myself out of the house.  With Trent and our only key in Minnesota.  Trying to be extra cautious (we do live right next to a prison) I locked every single door and lock possible when I went to bed Friday night, including the one from the garage into the house.  When I left Saturday morning I went out the front door and locked it behind me planning on just using the garage code when I got back.  When I got back I was running late for Kirsten’s volleyball game, but wanted to drop my apples off and grab a quick snack.  Then it quickly dawned on me…when the door in the garage would not turn…that I had completely locked myself out of the house.  Still with Trent and our only key in Minnesota.  Panic quickly took over as I tried to remind myself that this was not the end of the world and I would in fact be okay.  Eventually I was able to get ahold of my landlord and meet up with him to get an extra key. 

A couple of things I took away from this experience…I do not know how to pick a lock.  My neighbors are the best. A spare set of keys are necessary. 

Even with Trent out of town it was a good weekend.  Sunday I used my apples to make some homemade applesauce in the crock pot and I am already planning my next apple recipe.  10 pounds of apple leaves room for a lot of opportunity!  Added bonus…Greenville won their game in Minnesota 44-9 and the defense held Minnesota Morris to negative rushing yards!  Things are looking up…

 

{The Launes}    

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! A bit scary, glad you figured it out. I would love to have 10 pounds of apples. What a fun fall activity! Congrats to the Greenville D ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also super proud of you for posting 3 days in a row ��

    ReplyDelete