12.09.2014

Oh So Thankful…

It seems like I barely blinked and we are over a week into December.  I’m not quite sure where time is going, but it seems to be quickly slipping away.  I have a lot on my to do list this week, but I have finally begun to do a little Christmas decorating and hopefully I will be able to get started on some Christmas shopping today.  But before I jump right into Christmas, I have to do a little rewind to Thanksgiving!

The week before Thanksgiving we had a little pre celebration with some of the football players.  A lot of the guys are from far away and don’t get to go home for Thanksgiving so I thought it would be fun to make a full Thanksgiving meal for them.  It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun and I think the guys appreciated it. 

IMG_1412

Then, on Monday afternoon we headed back to Nebraska.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  I was especially excited this year because we got to go home and spend a few days with family and celebrating.  Saying it was a chance to rest and relax would be an exaggeration.  I was actually running around trying to see everyone and do everything burning the candle at both ends that I got a little sick.  Or a lot sick.  Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like barely being able to eat my Thanksgiving meal and spending most of the day in bed.  Being a little under the weather aside, it was a great trip with great food and even better company.

IMG_1420

This was fun!  There is nothing better than running into your best friend in the bathroom at the football game and having no idea she was even going to be there!  There was a major double take in the mirror to make sure I was seeing things right.  It was great catching up during the game.

IMG_1421

On Tuesday, we went from one Bluejay event to the next.  Creighton basketball is my favorite!

IMG_1434

Then, bright and early Wednesday morning I met up with my mom. We enjoyed Wahoo, church and breakfast.

IMG_1437

Wednesday evening I finally got to see this cutie.  She is getting to be such a big girl sitting up and eating big kid food.  And she is happy like all the time…

IMG_1439

Those. Eyelashes…

IMG_1446

Thanksgiving was a little bit of a fog since I was under the weather, but I did snap this picture of Trent reading to all of the nieces.

IMG_1451

Thankfully, Friday was round two of Thanksgiving and I was feeling a lot better.  We enjoyed more delicious food and lots of quality time!

IMG_1455IMG_1514IMG_1464

Finally on Saturday the girls enjoyed a nice little lunch at Jayz.  I won a gift card there so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to share.

It was a busy trip home.  As soon as we hit the road I was already counting down the days until I would be back for Christmas.  We are currently at 9 days and counting.  In the meantime, I have to get busy so I am ready to go!

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I didn't realize you were sick. Yuck :( It was the BEST running into you at the football game! I don't think I've ever made it into two straight posts before. New PR!!

    ReplyDelete