12.17.2014

The Rustic Edge

I recently decided to dip my toes into the craft fair world.  It was something I have wanted to do for quite awhile, but never had the guts to do it.  However, with a little free time on my hands and a rather low risk opportunity, I decided it was the perfect time to jump right in.  It took a lot of time mixed with some late nights and creativity.

IMG_1474

The majority of the work was completed the week before the craft fair because I had to pick up some of the tools when we were back home for Thanksgiving.  My house was literally a disaster at times with projects spanning over every possible surface turned work area.

IMG_1468

Bella even tried to help out a little!

IMG_1485

However, the end result were some very nice little items including these door hangers…there are still a select few available for purchase :)

IMG_1490

IMG_1505

My table…stationed right between Scentsy and Jamberry Nails.  I did not have a very good system for displaying my door hangers, but with a little balance, it worked!

IMG_1506

Tile coasters were a big hit.  I sold the most of these! 

IMG_1507

Handmade cards and ornaments…another big hit!  My ornaments even nearly sold out.

And with that, The Rustic Edge has come into existence.  I couldn’t have done it without Trent and his jigsaw and miter saw.  He was a big help in that area!  Overall, it was a great first experience.  Expectations were pretty low and my sales were pretty good.  I think the craft fair world has really changed with independent sales companies such as Thirty One, Origami Owl and Scentsy.  There is a lot less handmade and a lot more factory made.   But it was still an experience that I wouldn’t mind trying again.  Until next time…

 

{The Launes}

 

1 comment: