1.01.2012

NYE 2011…

Some of my favorite memories growing up are from New Years Eve.  Each year I had my best friend Niki spend the night.  We would spend the entire night cutting confetti from old newspapers that had been saved and watching Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve.  The Sunday comics were the best because they added some color!  At 11 we would  watch the ball drop in New York and finish our final preparations of gathering pots and pans and last minute confetti cutting.   Then at midnight, we would run outside screaming “Happy New Year” at the top of our lungs while banging on pots and pans and throwing confetti and mom would shoot off her shotgun.  Then we would return inside so Jamie could play Auld Lang Syne on the piano and we could toast the new year with Welch’s sparkling grape juice.

This New Years Eve wasn’t quite up to those standards, but I am pretty sure Trent would not allow me to spend a whole day cutting confetti.  It was however a good day.

The day started early with breakfast.  Please excuse how terrible I look.  I was in much need of a nap yesterday.  And in case you were wondering...yes I took one :)

DSC02908

At night we did headed to the Vests for a little game night and food. 

DSC02909

Another intense game of Acquire was played...

DSC02917DSC02920

Welch’s Sparkling Grape juice is still my #1 pick for toasting on NYE...

DSC02922

The only person missing from this picture is Sara...

So...

Sara

My best efforts at photo shopping with a limited amount of time.  Not to leave out Brian.  He was also missed.  If he was there we could have played Pictionary!

Happy 2012!

94927504615366102_1kQGQgZN_c

and...go big red!

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. While reading this, I was really thinking I should have been there, but I guess I was! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete