5.16.2012

Friends…

I have the best friends...hands down.  I am so grateful that I have them in my life, even if I don’t see them as often as I would like.

Sara, lives in Hawaii so I get to see her a couple of times a year.  She was back last week so I capitalized on one of my remaining personal days and met up with her for breakfast at Panera  Bread.  We stayed so long that we nearly had to eat lunch!   She is amazing at keeping up on things and I am terrible.  She is leaving Hawaii in a couple of months and moving to Alaska.  Total opposite, but she couldn’t be more excited.  My goal: to actually visit her in Alaska.  Never made it to Hawaii...

DSC03277

Last night I also got together with some of my high school friends.  So far we’ve all stayed in the area, but now Amy and her hubby are moving to Wichita.  I am happy for them, but also sad to see them go.  I do, however, see a road trip in our near future.

DSC03354DSC03356

We met out at Mahoney and enjoyed a delicious dinner and good company.  However, the best part of the night came after dinner.  Amy and I had Amanda meet us at SAC Museum because Amanda didn’t have a park pass.  Great idea, right?  It all seemed perfect until we went back to drop Amanda off at her car and boom.  The gate was locked!  Amy’s instant advice was, “We’ll just have to curb it!”  Much better than my idea of how we were going to have to explain to museum officials that we had visited the museum and decided to get dinner only to come back and find the gate locked.  Amanda successfully “curbed it”, Amy got pictures and I laughed until I cried.  All in all, a great night!

curbing it

Now, tomorrow is the last day of school.  It has been a whirlwind of a week as I have been busily preparing and finishing up all the last minute details that the final days of school entail.  Tomorrow we go on our class picnic.  It seems like just yesterday I was blogging about going back to work.  Now I am anxiously awaiting all that summer will hold...vacation, swimming, reading and more to be determined. 

Crossing my fingers for a smooth last day of school... 

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you used the pic where it looks like we like each other :) That SAC parking issue is funny, because the EXACT same thing happened to me many, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete