5.21.2012

Sunshine and Summertime…

It is summer vacation and I am in love with it!  So much time and so little to do.  I am looking forward to a little R & R.  I can honestly say that I have gotten 10 plus hours of sleep each night since Friday.  Glorious...

The school year ended rather positively.  I am so proud of all my kiddos as they move on to second grade, but I will miss them dearly.  This group of kids really taught me a lot this year.  It is an amazing feeling to know, if just for a moment in time, they think that I am the best teacher in the world.  Melts my heart again and again. 

We spent most of the day at Mahoney State Park playing and picnicking in the balmy upper 80 degree weather.  I also got some really sweet notes and gifts.  Totally unnecessary, but very thoughtful!

DSC03378 

Thursday morning brought  a little bit of bad news, but all ended well.  Kirsten got into a little accident.  Amazingly she was able to walk away relatively unharmed.  It could have been worse.  Much worse.  Praising the Lord that she is okay!

I found out from a picture text.  No words.  Just this picture...

Kirsten

Now that summer vacation is officially here, I have a few things that went to the back burner during April and May.  Now they really need to be done.  Finish the Hunger Games series.  Clean and dejunk.  Laundry.  Grocery shopping.  Let the fun begin!

One final picture.  It is amazing that what takes months to turn into a classroom can be torn down in only a matter of hours.

DSC03376

Don’t cry because it’s over.  Smile because it happened.

...Dr. Seuss...

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being done with another year! So glad Kirsten is okay. Enjoy your summer :)

    ReplyDelete