6.13.2014

6.2.14:Another Journey Begins…

Yesterday Trent and I embarked on our second trip to Sierra Leone, Africa.  We are headed back with the same organization as last year and this time around I was feeling more excited than nervous.  It wasn’t until the night before we left that I had a few butterflies in my stomach!

DSC05776

All our bags are packed…

DSC05777

Things started out smoother this year from the get go as our flights were all on time.  Last year included an extended layover in New York City, but this year, after a short layover in Chicago, it was off to Brussels.  Thankfully I was able to sleep a little and read a lot on the plane, but of course I’ve had my traveling stomachache :(  I spent most of the flight feeling like there was a brick in my stomach.  By the time we got to Brussels I was pulling out the anti nausea meds. 

Of course we couldn’t make it all the way there without any hiccups.  That would just be too easy.  After boarding our final flight to Freetown and leaving the gate, we had to go back because of a mechanical issue.  Lucky us, we got to sit on the plane for the next 3 hours while they tried to fix it.  Thankfully the flight was not too full so we got to stretch out a bit, but people were definitely getting restless!

Now we are on our final leg to Freetown.  Traveling is so exhausting that I just can’t wait to be there.  If I could take out the 24+ hours of travel time  between Nebraska and Sierra Leone I would be there in a heartbeat!  I’m excited to see how the kids and the city has changed since we were there last year.   I am also excited for the new experiences we will have this time!  I am praying that God opens my eyes and heart as I prepare for this journey…

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment