3.18.2015

Back to my Roots….

So I started a new little job recently.  I’ve been subbing some since September, but it really hasn’t been very consistent.  One week I will get called multiple times and then the next week I won’t hear anything at all.   I decided that I needed a little consistency so I decided to go back to my roots…in the coffee business.  The coffee shop on campus was hiring part time so I decided to give it a whirl.  I am now the newest barista at Jo’s Java!  On top of that, I still have two days that I am still available to sub and the phone calls have been coming in!  I’ve been keeping plenty busy for my liking! :)

So far I’ve learned that old habits die hard!  There are a few things that are different from what we use to do at Cheri O’s and I keep finding myself doing it the Cheri O’s way.  I’m getting the hang of it all…slowly, but surely.   It’s been a fun change of scenery!

On a side note, I celebrated DQ’s 75th birthday on Monday by treating myself to a small vanilla ice cream cone on them!

2015-03-16 16.19.57

And ice cream plus 75 degrees in the March definitely warranted a little selfie!

Meanwhile, in Philly…

Philly 2

Trent and some of the team have been busy making an impact through service projects and a kids’ football camp.

Philly 3

Isn’t this little girl just precious?  The camp ultimately gives these kids a safe place to be for a couple of hours.  I can only imagine the chaos with so many kids!

Philly

It’s been fun hearing about the trip and all the things they have done.  Can’t wait until they get back to hear more about it.

And on a final note.  I leave for a quick little trip to Nebraska tomorrow!  I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.  The sad news is that my plane doesn’t land until after 11 o’clock at night, but on the bright side, I will have almost 3 entire days to spend with some of my favorite people!  As you can imagine, I’m sure I will have plenty of photos to share when I get back. :)

Until then…

 

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job. How fun! Hope you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete