3.15.2015

Trent’s Big 3-0 Celebration…

Last Friday Trent celebrated his 30th birthday.  The big 3-0.  In his book, birthdays aren’t a very big deal, but in my book, they are.  And lucky for him, I had a few fun surprises up my sleeve.  Nothing major, but I was hoping that with a little planning I would be able to come up with a few things to make his day extra special.

The morning started with doughnuts for him to bring to staff meeting at work.  It turns out great minds think alike because I wasn’t the only one that got doughnuts for staff meeting.  :)  Of course I was able to talk him into saving one for me to have too!

I also got him a fly fishing rod.  He has really been wanting to learn how to fly fish and every fisherman needs his own fly fishing rod, right?  I heard him  in the other room the other day practicing reeling in his big catch.  Thankfully the weather is finally getting warm enough that we can hopefully take it out and try it for real (no pun intended) one of these days.  We are also crossing our fingers that we might be able to take it to Colorado this summer and put it to test where the real fly fishermen go.

IMG_1745

The biggest surprise of the day went off without a hitch!  I arranged for Trent’s friend Will and his wife Taylor to come up from Arkansas and surprise Trent.  We met up with them at Olive Garden in Fairview Heights and much to Trent’s surprise, his friend just happened to be there.  It was great seeing them and catching up. 

IMG_1764

IMG_1747

Finally, the party came back to our place where we enjoyed cake and ice cream.

Trent

Even after 30 years, he’s still got it!

Now Trent is in Philly for a little spring break mission trip with some of the football team.  Meanwhile, back in Greenville I am working to hold down the fort without any major mishaps…fingers crossed.

 

{The Launes}

 

No comments:

Post a Comment