2.17.2015

All You Need is Love…

This year for Valentine’s Day I wanted to have a little fun.  Not only did I paint my nails red to show my festiveness, but I also created some projects of my own.  Normally I am busy preparing valentines for my class, carefully hand making each valentine and sticking a pencil and piece of candy in a cellophane baggie.  I felt a little empty not having to complete this task this year, but decided to make some handmade valentines for our nieces and nephew.

IMG_1712

I forgot to take a picture of the actual Valentines so one of the final products will have to do!

I also made a new little door hanging.  With Trent’s assistance we cut out a heart and I got right to work painting away.  A few coats of paint later and it was ready to be hung on the door!  Welcome to casa de Laune…

IMG_1714

And while it is so much fun to give, it’s also fun to receive!   I got the sweetest card in the mail from my mom along with a half dozen of sweet goodness from Trent’s parents. 

IMG_1716IMG_1721

Trent also brought home a fun surprise.  Not only a beautiful orchid, but also a 3 foot tall house plant.  Not going to lie, it was a little random and I got a good laugh out of it.  He was so proud of this find (it was on clearance for $3).  He hadn’t planned to buy it, but like me, can’t resist a good deal.  Plus he thought it was cool, as do I.  And, it is the gift that will keep on giving all year.

Saturday night we ventured into Fairview Heights, a city on the Illinois side of St. Louis.  It has lots of shopping and restaurants and we had heard about it, but never experienced it before.  We made a reservation at Outback Steakhouse (and thank goodness we did, hello 2 hour wait).  We learned our lesson last year after trying to get into Olive Garden and Applebee's only to be turned away by a long wait.  Hello twenty fourteen Valentine’s Day meal at Fazoli’s followed by an e-mail coupon for a free slice of cheesecake.  We ate until we were stuffed and then did a little shopping.

IMG_1722

My funny Valentine 12 years and counting…

{The Launes}

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun holiday :) Happy Valentine's Day! I thought it was 13 years and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you even got a valentine a week late thanks to a forgotten zip code!

    ReplyDelete