2.13.2015

Megan Laune and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day…

Maybe not the worse day on record, but it probably is my dumbest day since the sliding glass door incident of 1995.  Yep, in the spring of 95’, little fourth grade Megan managed to run full speed through a sliding glass door without even realizing what hit me (literally) until I was standing outside surrounded by shattered shards of glass.  Who does that?!

Anyway, fast forward nearly 20 years to yesterday when I had a similar run in (pun intended).  However, this time it included a garage door and motor vehicle.  That’s right.  In my frugal state of mind I like to conserve energy by getting my car in and out of the garage with the garage door open for the least amount of time possible.  Somehow I just wasn’t with it yesterday when I jumped in my car and hit the garage door opener button before slipping my car into reverse on a mission to get to the gym.  I then mindlessly started going, soon followed by a  terrible noise.  Stunned and confused I suddenly realized what I had done.  I backed into the partially opened garage door.  I pulled slightly forward and then continued backing out before getting out to assess the damage.  Nothing too serious on my car…a little scratch toward the top.  I almost cleared it!  So the real test was checking the garage door.  It started going down (thank goodness), down (maybe no one will ever have to know) until it hit the 2/3 mark when it started going up (shoot!), up (I really hope Trent can fix this).  Seriously, who does that?

While it could have been worse, like another car or person, I was hoping Super Trent could come to my rescue and fix the garage door without having to pay an arm and a leg.  He showed me great grace through the whole ordeal and even got a good laugh out of it.  I too got a good laugh out of it, although I was afraid I might cry if I didn’t laugh at myself.  Thankfully with a little teamwork, sheet metal screws and an exceptional amount of patience and grace from Trent the garage door is up and running again.  My pride is a little bruised but otherwise the extent of the damage was minimal.

Looking into my track record, it appears that I will have another 20 years before my next major run it.  Hopefully I will be on top of my game at that time to defend any stupidity that I might initiate.  But until that time comes…Happy Friday the 13th!  It’s looking much better than my Thursday the 12th!

 

{The Launes}

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm glad everything is fixed. Not gonna lie, I got a little chuckle out of the idea of you darting in and out of the garage as quickly as possible :)

    ReplyDelete