6.26.2011

Cupcakes...

The awesome thing about great friends is that you can always pick up right where you left off.  Some of my best friends are from elementary school and we have grown up together.  We have so many memories and despite our busy schedules, we still manage to get a group together to hang outand on this special occasionmake cupcakes!  And with two bloggers in attendance, there were plenty of pictures to be taken!

We gathered at the Lewis’ to grill out, catch up on life and make cupcakes.  Amy and Beth came up with the great idea of making cupcakes because Beth has a little cupcake making business on the side and Amy is always eager to try something new, fun and creative.  I was expecting cupcakes out of a box, but Beth is a little Martha Stewart in the making!  These cupcakes were from scratch and boy were they delicious.  Everyone had a little job in the cupcake making whether it was cracking and separating some eggs or measuring out ingredients.  Of course the real fun part of this whole activity was decorating!
Even the dogs were invited... 

Friends
I couldn’t resistAmanda is due in November!

The ingredients

Hard at work

 My Creations
  
Joey was pooped after playing with his new friends

The only thing missing from this great night was Trent.  Trent was ten hours away in Colorado competing in Tough Mudderbetter him than me!  Lucky for him, I saved him some cupcakes.


Thank you so much to the hosts for welcoming us into their cute little home! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the American flag cupcake! I'm making cupcakes today and I'm going to have to try that. I hope Trent survived the race :)

    ReplyDelete