6.16.2011

Two Years and Counting...

This past Sunday, Trent and I celebrated two years of wedded bliss.  We didn’t have anything big planned, just an easy Sunday to hang out together.  It started Saturday night with dinner at our favorite restaurantEl Bees!  Then a trip to Bath and Body Works so I could hit up their semi-annual sale and Target to buy new bike tires for Trent’s bike so we could go on a bike ride together.

Before leaving for dinner I insisted on taking a picture togetheror 4.  When it comes to pictures, Trent is just like Earl on My Name is Earl and can’t keep his eyes open for a stinkin’ picture!  Therefore, multiple shots are required until the perfect moment is captured.  Unfortunately I could sense Trent’s frustrations rising more after each picture until he finally said, “This is why I don’t like taking pictures with you, Megan.”  Oops, excuse me for wanting to commemorate our second anniversary!  After that little bump in the road, we were off to dinner.

Sunday started with me trying to be “the good wife” and make pancakes while Trent put on his bike tires.   Bad news was that as Trent was putting on the last tire, it popped!  Thank goodness for good in-laws who let us borrow a bike so we could still go for a Sunday afternoon stroll!  It was a beautiful day out so after our bike ride we hung out on Trent’s parents’ deck and took a little napwell, Trent did anyway!  I might have dozed off in the sun a little.  Finally, after a long afternoon, it was time for dinner, burgers on the grill!  I couldn’t have asked for a better day!
Still smiling after two years


Trent preferred a spot in the shade while I soaked in the sunshine and summertime!
The traditional 2nd anniversary gift calls for cottonmy mom went above and beyond to give us a cotton themed gift.  A cotton towel, cotton candy, and of course, cotton balls!  Thanks mom! 
Of coursethen.  June 12, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I was thinking about it the whole first week and a half of June. Then I completely forgot until today. I also forgot about my anniversary of moving to Hawaii. But I remembered earlier today, even before reading this :) Sounds like it was a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys! :) Your mom is so cute with the "cotton" themed gift!

    ReplyDelete