6.05.2011

summer, summer, summertime...

It’s officialI’m on summer vacation!  I love summer. Warm weather. Sunshine. Barbeques. Sleeping in. Swimming.  And this summerreading.  

I love to read, but for me, finding time to read is like finding a needle in a haystack!  It’s partially my own fault.  While I am super busy, I also don’t make time to read.  My free time quickly disappears to the t.v. or computer.  I’m the type of person that will start a book, love it, and still take six months to finish it.  However, I would describe this summer as a relatively relaxing one so I’m turning over a new leaf!  I am looking forward to sleeping in, days by the pool and lots and lots of reading.  To make sure that comes true, I came up with a summer reading list.  I started out with a goal of 10 books to read this summer.  I had a few books right away that I wanted to read, but got stuck around 7.  As I talked to people, they started recommending books that I MUST read.  Now my list consists of 12 booksready to be read by yours truly!
Summer Reading List
1. Cold Tangerines
2. Unbroken
3. Heaven is for Real
4. Half Broke Horses
5. Bittersweet
6. One Thousand Gifts
7. Safe Haven
8. Corrie ten Boom
9. The Shack
10. Wild at Heart
11. Hoot
12. The Help


Here are the books I already have on hand.  WIth the help of my Kindle I think I am set to go!  I will check back at the end of the summer and let you know how I did!  I’m already almost finished with onestarted it a couple months ago, but added it to the list for a boost of confidence when I can finally cross it off!  For now, I must go pick up a book!

1 comment:

  1. Megs! I love your list! I am going to read the Help too! You are going to love Shauna Niequist's books. Easy, good, inspiring reads. Let me know if any of the others are super good!

    ReplyDelete