6.19.2011

Take me out to the ballgame...

I love this time of yearthe College World Series comes to Omaha and it is baseball fever!  The CWS is a must do on my summer list each year.  I was especially excited this year because it was new beginnings and new traditions in Omaha with the unveiling of a new stadium.  I was so excited that I was willing to go to the opening game of the College World Series. 
It was a great day for baseball and things really seemed to fall into placeleaving me thinking at times that it was too good to be true.  We all piled into the minivan Omaha bound just hours before game time.  We parked at Midtown Crossing and rode the shuttle that dropped us off right in front of the Qwest Center for FREE!  Then we walked the block to the stadium only to find NO lines in the general admission section and straight into the stadium to find seats together just a few rows up. 
With about thirty minutes until game time, I began soaking it all in...the Omaha skyline, the new stadium and the excitement in the air.  In the meantime, my cotton tank top was soaking in all the sweat a warm and humid Nebraska day can cause and I was already feeling the need to reapply sunscreen.  At the game, we got to see George W. Bush throw out the first pitch, share a $3.50 pop, cheer on the Vanderbilt Commodores in their first CWS appearance and get a little sunburn.  But I wasn’t complaining!  It’s all part of the experience.    

George W. Bush throwing out the first pitch
 

Game time 




TL and I enjoying the game

1 comment: