7.25.2011

Stir-Up Days...

It only comes once a year, but it is three days packed full of funStir-Up Days!  Maybe it’s not packed full of fun, but there is definitely plenty to do.  We started out Friday night in the sand volleyball tournament.  After a first round loss we rallied back to take 2nd place overall.  Not bad, but a late night.  We headed home around 12:45 a.m. so I could shower and set the alarm to get back up at 6 a.m. for the Brick House 5k.  I was seriously contemplating doing the one mile walk with my mom but had already asked Amy if she wanted to run together.  I was super nervous because I have not been running and it was as humid as all get go. 

 Somehow I managed my best 5k time ever and also got second place in my age division.  I literally had to pick my own jaw up off the ground to go up and pick up my brick award.  Amy was drawn for a prizea massagelucky girl!
After the 5k it was off to breakfast at Cheri O’s with my momma and then on to the kiddie parade. 

The Vest clan came straight from Gilligan’s Island, while Lainey and Ellie dressed up as popcorn and cotton candycute as can be!

Finally, it was time to head down to Laune Sales and Service to catch the “grand parade.”  There was plenty of candy to go around. 

After the parade Trent and Lainey had some fun.  Lainey likes Trent to throw her high in the skysuch a daredevil!  Grandma Violetan and I on the other hand are not!

It was a busy weekend, but it wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the emergency room.  Mr. Trent Earl took a fall playing pick-up basketball Sunday night and his face broke his fall. 
A little lost blood and NINE stitches later we were headed back homepoor guy!  I would have milked it for all it was worth, but he was pretty tough. 

Now the countdown is ononly 3 more weeks until I officially head back to school and 2 more weeks of summer school.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I <3 Stir-up Days. Vest clan is looking good...as usual :)

    ReplyDelete