7.15.2011

This and That Thursday...

Thursday took me back to my 4-H days as Amy Lu and I had craft day!  Amy suggested it awhile back and I was instantly on board.  She had found a couple of fun projects that seemed simple enough. 
Our first project was to make coasters using scrapbook paper and tiles.  It was fairly simple and super cheap to make too.  I will definitely be making these again!  They could make a fun little gift. 

Our second craft was not quite as successful as the first one.  The idea was to make yarn balloons.  A good idea in theory, but once we got started, I was ready to be done!   I was a sticky mess from dipping the yarn in our glue solution and it wasn’t looking very pretty.  I let the project dry overnight and popped the balloon and it seems to stay in place, but rookie mistake is probably that I made it too big and should have used more yarn.

Today my life has been consumed bysummer school planning...dum, dum, dum!  I feel like my summer is officially over!  Monday is the beginning of three weeks of teaching summer school and then it’s back to school time.   I like summer school because it gets me back in the school mode but is only half days.  I don’t like that it means regular school is just around the corner.  I am still trying to figure out where summer has gone?  I have been busy planning and obsessed with some new teacher blogs I found.  I am getting some great ideas for word work activities and hopefully some other activities that will keep kids excited for summer school.  There is a lot to before Monday!
 I couldn’t resistBella was sleeping in between the couch cushions. 

One final picture I took tonight.  I love flowers and taking pictures of them and this one turned out awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment