7.20.2011

Super Saturday...

The headline on the news read “Heat ‘Dome’ Traps Much of U.S. in Pressure Cooker.”  We have been in the midst of a midwest heat wave with temperatures reaching 100 and a heat index of over 110 a.k.a. holy humidity!  However, I did not let that put a damper on my Saturday plans.  It started out with a nice jog with my favorite running buddy, Jamie.  Let’s face itI have to run a 5K on Saturday and I am in no way ready!  A little last minute training and sweating was much needed.  
 We were a hot disgusting mess.
Perfect photo opt moment

What was even more needed than the hot run was cold coffee from Caribou after!  My vanilla Northern Lite Cooler was basically 12 ounces of pure delight!  Coffee is the reason why I run on Saturday morningswell that and spending quality time with my big sis!



After running I was off to Target to pick up some supplies for summer school.  I totally hit up the dollar section and got some fun things for summer school.  Sidewalk chalk for spelling and letter stickers for word work are sure to be a big hit among the kiddos. 

Saturday night meant date night with the hubby!  Even better than date night is FREE date night!  That’s rightdinner at Chili’s using a gift card I received from one of my students at the end of the year (teacher gifts are the best!) and a movie using tickets that were purchased on Groupon for $1 each awhile back!  We did splurge on ice cream at Culvers after the movie so it wasn’t entirely free, but definitely a good deal and fun night.

Now, my life is over.  I am totally and completely devoted to planning and teaching summer school.  Thank goodness for half days!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love living vicariously through you! We don't have Caribou Coffee here and our Targets don't have dollar sections. So thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete