9.19.2011

Food, Football and a Birthday….

Another busy weekend is in the books.  It started with a relaxing Friday night including Valentino’s buffet with Trent.  I know, I know, Valentino’s twice in one week for me.  Don’t judge.  I practiced a little self control and made it my goal to not walk out of the restaurant miserable...mission accomplished.

After cheering on the Huskers it was time to head to Seward for Trent’s game.  Saturday was the first home game for Trent.  I was excited because it was the first game I have been able to go to this season.  It was a night game and the weather was a little less than perfect.  Let’s just say it drizzled the whole time.  Luckily, I’ve been around the block a few times and came prepared...in layers.  How many you ask?  Let’s just say my heavy fleece, winter coat and rain coat all made the trip to Seward with me plus a poncho.  I looked like I was dressed for winter and very thankful.  Even better the Bulldogs had their first win of the season and the defense had a shut-out.  Way to go coach!

Then Sunday it was time to celebrate Trent’s Grandpa Dean’s birthday.  76 candles on the birthday cake!  We all headed out to Platte River State Park (one of Trent’s top 5 restaurant choices) for their lunch buffet.  Then it was on to his grandparent’s for red velvet birthday cake and ice-cream and a little family time.

DSC02362DSC02365

My goal this week is to go to bed early.  I cannot wake up in the mornings for the life of me.  My alarm goes off at 6:30 and I hit my snooze at least five times.  I am not a morning person and probably never will be.  However, maybe if I make a little more or an effort to go to bed early, I will be better able to rise and shine!

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment