9.08.2011

Happy Birthday to You…

Is it really Thursday already?  I never say that!  But after a Monday off and an unexpected Tuesday off, this three day week has flown by! 

Before I get to the birthday...Trent and I had another first in our marriage this week...we were both sick.  At the same time. Throwing up.  No fun.  Of course as I was miserably lying on the bathroom floor this milestone dawned on me and I even suggested we take a picture to commemorate it.  Trent declined saying he hadn’t been that sick in 20 years and did not want to remember it!  Whatever the nasty bug was, it’s gone and it also didn’t put a damper on all the busyness of our weekend.

It started Saturday with Ellie’s 1st birthday slash Husker party.  We headed to the Barent’s to watch the Huskers kick off their season against Chattanooga and get their first W of the season.  We ate sloppy joes, opened presents and had birthday cake!

DSC02234Happy first birthday to you!

DSC02237

Then Sunday it was my cousin’s bridal shower that my sister and I put together.  It was simple, but got the family together and celebrated their big day coming up this Saturday.

DSC02242Scrabble cookies...

DSC02256B for the soon to be Bakers...

DSC02259Mason girls...

DSC02264The whole family...

DSC02267The bride to be with her family...

Tomorrow is Friday.  Jeans Day, Bluejay Burgers for lunch and football game...TGIF!

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Bluejay Burgers?! TGIF indeed! Please think of me while you're eating your blue jay burger :)

    ReplyDelete