9.02.2011

Friday Night Lights…

It’s been awhile.  Not because I didn’t have time to post, but simply because nothing interesting was happening in my life.  I was anxiously awaiting something to blog about but between school and trying to catch up on sleep, there was little time for fun.  However, I’m turning a new page and tonight I kicked off a three day weekend by catching some Friday Night Lights...live.  Trent and I headed up to Cedar Bluffs tonight to watch Chris, my brother in-law’s brother and the Dodge Pirates take the field.  They are a D-2 school and play 8 man so it was a totally different experience.  High scoring, small field, two point conversions and tailgating before the game!  With 33 seconds left in the 1st quarter it was Cedar Bluffs 6 and Dodge 48...crazy!

DSC02190Go #62!

However, things didn’t go exactly as planned...on the very first play of the game, Chris hit a guy and most likely broke his collar bone!  Poor guy...I felt so bad.  He missed last season with a torn ACL and now he will miss at least part of his senior season for this.  Then, as the first quarter was winding down, the raindrops began to fall and the thunder and lightning came.  Thank goodness for Karen and her ponchos.  I did not plan for rain.  It was such a big lightning delay that they finally postponed the game until tomorrow morning.  But in between the rain and lightning I of course took it as a photo opt moment!

DSC02189DSC02193DSC02194DSC02196A rainbow in the middle of the storm.

DSC02202Trent stayed dry with a little help from his umbrella…the sky was uh-mazing!

It’s going to be a big weekend...birthday party, Husker game and bridal shower plus hopefully a little R & R!

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the sky IS uh-mazing! And Trent looks so sweet :) Hope you have a fun week end!

    ReplyDelete