8.23.2011

A Birthday, a Bridal Shower and a Baby…

oh boy! I look forward to the weekends so much and by the end of the weekend I wonder why?  My weekends are just as jammed packed as the week, if not more.

This weekend was filled with a Saturday morning run and a bridal shower.  Then, Sunday, I headed into Omaha  to celebrate my brother in-law Brian’s birthday.  This included quality Pieper time, steak and cheesecake…mmm.  Had a little theme for the birthday boy this year…Huskers.  He just recently did a little remodeling in the basement…aka the man cave…so my mom wanted to get him a new Husker sign to hang down there.  I took it from there and decided he needed new Husker coasters to go with his basement.  Totally lame birthday gift, but made with love.  To balance out the gift I included a new Husker Big 10 t-shirt and some Corona!

DSC02162

DSC02163DSC02166

Yesterday, my friend and co-worker Sarah had her new baby, Elijah Grizz…What. A. Cutie.  That meant today I needed to go to Omaha so I could meet the newest member of the Pearson family.  It was so fun to see the happy little family.  It seems like just yesterday we were carpooling to good ole' AGES! 

DSC02167DSC02170DSC02171

I think that this weekend I needed an extra day just to recover.  No such luck.  Instead I spent all of today thinking it was Wednesday instead of Tuesday.  Big disappointment.   I had my kids all ready for our fire drill this morning and couldn’t figure out why it didn’t happen.  In my head I was thinking that somebody really dropped the ball on that one.  Came to discover it was me! 

Happy almost Wednesday.  Mark your calendars… 11 days until the Huskers take the field!

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment