8.17.2011

Ready or Not…

Tomorrow is the day…the first day of school that is.  I’m just like a kid.  I really don’t want summer to end...not because I don’t like my job, but I love summer.  I also am not good with change and a new school year brings lots of change.  New students, new curriculum, new expectations and the list goes on and on.   I have spent the last week living, eating and breathing school.  I had all kinds of ideas that I wanted to do, but there are not enough hours in the day.  I stayed up way past my bedtime and had so many tasks going on simultaneously that I couldn’t keep my train of thought.  (I even had return to sender mail today because I forgot to add postage…ohmyword!)

While it’s hard to go back, I also love this time of year.  I walk into my classroom to find it as a blank canvas waiting for my attempts to cutesy it up.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!   Most of my inspiration came from the website along with a handful of teacher blogs that I am obsessed with.

DSC02105 My canvas…

DSC02116Definitely a work in progress…I did some major de-junking and reorganizing!

DSC02100I randomly came across some super cute and super cheap postcards on vista print that went along with the bulletin board set I ordered so I could resist!

DSC02131My new and improved Café Menu for Daily 5.  Better location, better looks and ready to be used!  Found the idea on Pinterest and added my own touch…

DSC02133Another Pinterest idea…behavior management.  I love it because it is going to reward my kiddos that never “pull cards.”  I think they’ll love it too!

DSC02134Star of the week board…

DSC02135I also bought a new calendar set.  I added Velcro for the dates instead of pins like my last one…uh-mazing!

DSC02138My final Pinterest idea…they suggested it for sentence strips, by let’s face it…I don’t use sentence strips, but my borders are a mess!  Now they hang beautifully in my cupboard.

DSC02137

My bulletin board I’ve been planning since last April…

Now, I am off to finish my last minute q1to do list.  Then it’s off to bed so I am bright eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning! I can’t wait for tomorrow and everything it will hold!

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment