8.03.2011

National Watermelon Day…

Happy National Watermelon Day!  August 3rd is the official date of this “holiday.”  I don’t know about you, but I love watermelon!  I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

To celebrate National Watermelon Day I found a cute little treat on another blog.  It looked like oodles of fun, but I needed someone to share it with.  That’s where my summer school kiddos came in.  They gave me a reason to make the cute little watermelon look alike treats. 

DSC02036

DSC02039

DSC02040

A little lime juice in the eye later, these tasty little treats were ready to go.  Some of the kids loved them and some of them didn’t go for the leftover lime taste at the end of the Jell-O…to each their own! 

DSC02044

Now it’s time to get out and celebrate the few remaining days of summer vacation with a little BBQ and some watermelon!

{The Launes}

1 comment: