12.15.2011

How Lovely are Thy Branches…

For nearly a week, our Christmas tree sat like this.  Lights, but no ornaments.  I kept being reminded of when I was growing up.  Every year, after we put the lights on, my mom would always say, “I think it looks perfect just like this.  We don’t even need to put any ornaments on.”  This year, I know where she was coming from.  It did look perfect just like it was. 

Tree

But Friday night Trent and I finally decorated the Christmas tree.  I put on some Pandora Christmas music and my fireplace DVD (totally dorky, but I thought it was all necessary to get into the Christmas spirit!) and we decorated away.

DSC02758

Trent carefully placed each of his ornaments strategically on the Christmas tree...

DSC02765

Now as long as I can keep Bella away we are good to go!

Last night I finally got started on my Christmas shopping.  In case you haven’t noticed, I’m running a little behind this year.  I don’t think I even made a dent and not sure when I will get to go again.  Life is cah-razy!  But, on the bright side, tomorrow is Friday and that means only 5 more days of school until Christmas vacation!  Praise. the. Lord. 

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I always feel the same way about the ornaments. Good luck with your last week of school!

    ReplyDelete