6.21.2012

College World Series…

Summer is officially in full swing.  Yesterday marked the longest day of the year.  I had dreams of capturing a picturesque scene as the sun was setting on the longest day of the year.  However, it was rainy and stormy so it actually got dark a little earlier than usual with no sunshine.  No sunshine equals no picturesque shot.

However, summer also means the College World Series in Omaha.  I love the College World Series.  My summer is not complete if I don’t make it out.

So we piled in the car and headed downtown.  We ate a little dinner at DJ’s Dugout and headed to the stadium.  It was a hot one in Omaha.

DSC03430

The sun was in our eyes for the first hour or so, but well worth it...

DSC03433

Extreme temperatures called for a frozen lemonade cup with two spoons, because hey, we’re sisters...

DSC03435DSC03437DSC03438

The Omaha skyline from TD Ameritrade Park...

DSC03440

The College World Series was a blast.  So glad I got to go, even if I ended up being the 3rd wheel.  I love baseball, sunshine and summertime!

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. What fun! The CWS is one of the things I miss most about Nebraska. DJ's too :)

    ReplyDelete