6.14.2012

Something Old…

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...

Trent and I celebrated out 3rd anniversary on June 12th.  It’s crazy how it seems like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time.   I remember my something new...my wedding dress.  And my something borrowed...my shoes (among many other things I borrowed to save money!)  But I am unsure of my something old and something blue.  However, for anniversary number 3 we I got a very special gift that can now be called my something old.

DSC03417

It was my wagon when I was growing up.  My mom pulled it out and dusted it off.  We had just been talking about it the other day and I thought it would be so cool to have for displaying flowers.  In that past it has been used to pull rock collections from the road to the house, to haul kittens and I’m sure there was a ride or two in that Radio Flyer!

Trent was gone most of the day, but in my head, I kept thinking that an anniversary was comparable to a birthday.  It was okay that I wanted to be lazy because it was my anniversary.  I wanted to eat unhealthy, but that was okay because it was my anniversary.  Perhaps if Trent had been there being lazy and unhealthy with me it would have been okay because it was our anniversary, but alone, it was unjustifiable. 

However, after a long boring day at at home, Trent finally got home and we headed out to dinner at none other than Mahoney State Park.  Trent loves that place and the food is pretty good.  We had the entire “porch” to ourselves.

DSC03408

Now, another year is in the books. Trent is getting me the most exciting anniversary gift, but we haven’t had time to go pick it out yet...stay tuned.

Finally, with summer in full swing, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of 2 babies in the next week(Ashley and Naomi), planning a vacation and getting in some reading and pool time.

Happy Flag Day!

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment