6.01.2012

Spring Cleaning…

The other day was a Danny Tanner kind of day.  You know, Danny Tanner from Full House.  Uncle Jessie, Joey, the whole gang.   I loved Full House growing up.  I watched it as often as I could.  TGIF on ABC made my week. I particularly remember the episode where Danny was cleaning the vacuum.  Seems so silly to clean something that is used for cleaning, right?  Well, with a little help from Pinterest, I concocted some cleaning solutions to clean the things that are used to clean in my life. Hence, the Danny Tanner kind of day.

First up,the washing machine.  It was awful.  The build up of fabric softener was disgusting.  It needed to be done.  So I took a before picture just like they did on Pinterest...don’t judge.

DSC03392

Then I soaked it in bleach, ran the cycle, soaked it in vinegar, used a little elbow grease, ran the cycle and voila!  Good as new...

DSC03398

I also needed to clean the bathrooms.  I hate scrubbing the showers.  I don’t have enough elbow grease in me to really get it clean.  Mine is not fun, Trent’s is a nightmare.  Yes, we use different showers.  It’s good for our marriage.  His gets cleaned about half as often as mine because I dread it so much.  But with Pinterest to the rescue I mixed a little vinegar with some Dawn dish soap and coated the whole shower in the solution.  I let it set and then scrubbed.  It was a miracle before my eyes.  The shower has never been so clean.

Slowly, but surely I am cleaning our apartment from head to toe.  Cleaning the closet and cupboards.  Spare bedroom and laundry room.  To the naked eye it looks okay, but as I dig a little deeper I know it needs to be done.  It has needed to be done for the 9 months that it was mostly neglected.  My cleaning mostly looks like me cleaning a little, watching some daytime t.v.,  cleaning a little more, looking at Pinterest, talk about cleaning some more and taking another break.  Like I said, this is slowly, but surely!  Now, it’s back to work!

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning, daytime TV, pinterest...that's my kind of cleaning schedule!

    ReplyDelete