10.30.2011

Goooo Biiiiig Reeeeed…Go Big Red!

Yesterday morning I got a call at about 7:30 a.m. (on a Saturday) from my sister.  It went like this...”Hey Meg, want to go to the Nebraska football game today?  You’ll have to be ready in half an hour.”  I debated for a few minutes and finally decided, what the heck!  I’m going to be spontaneous for once.  And boy am I glad!  Jamie’s neighbor had an extra ticket to the game and I was the lucky recipient.  Better yet, it was FREE!  Thank you Jamie’s neighbor :)

Jamie, Brian and I...all decked out in Husker red headed to Lincoln, stopped by a couple of tailgates and then made our way to Memorial Stadium.  Jamie and I had tickets together in South Stadium while Brian sat with the neighbor on the 45 yard line 14 rows up (but I’m not complaining).

DSC02510

DSC02519

DSC02514

Touchdown...Go Big Red!  Go Big Red!

The Huskers took on Michigan State in a Big 10 battle...that the big red dominated!  I’ve only been to one other game since I graduated from UNL so it was a blast to cheer for a game where the Huskers beat a team ranked higher than them.  Let’s just say that my college days and the Bill Callahan era were not the glory days.   It was also fun to be there with Jamie.  Part of my cheering goal was to say something that would make Jamie laugh.  Mission accomplished!

DSC02521

I did not regret my decision to go to the game one little bit.  I am so glad that Jamie didn’t take my initial no for an answer.  There is no better way to spend a Husker Saturday than at Memorial Stadium with some of my closest 86,000 plus fans. Thank you Jamie for making this happen!

Tonight, I have a Halloween costume to make, cookies to bake and more school work to finish up.  Wish me luck!

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment