10.31.2011

I am a rock…

No, not The Rock, or Iraq...just a rock.  For Halloween that is.  Seems silly.  I know.  But it goes with a theme...can you guess?  I had bright ideas as I began to create my masterpiece.  Things took a quick turn and it soon began looking like a dark storm cloud.   

This was the first year that the first grade team has only had to come up with a theme for 3 :(   When I put it on for my 1st graders, I immediately told them that I was not a dark storm cloud hoping that would eliminate that guess.  Their response...are you burnt toast, Mrs. Laune?  Guess again boys and girls!

DSC02542

As for trick-or-treaters...my recruiting totally shattered last year’s counts.  If you know anything about me, I have dreamed my whole life of having trick-or-treaters.  However, growing up in the country, that was not quite a possibility.  Living in an apartment is also not quite conducive to trick-or-treating and therefore, I recruit!  I was up to 16 trick-or-treaters this year!

DSC02544

Bella anxiously waited for trick-or-treaters to come to our door.  (Then ran the opposite way as they got close)

DSC02546

DSC02547

DSC02553

These trick-or-treaters made a stop by this evening.  This little princess and duck were more excited to see Bella than they were for candy.  Bella on the other hand was not so excited.  Imagine that...a black cat on Halloween that was spooked.

I am so happy I survived Halloween.  On a Monday.  With a new student.  And I had candy for dinner.  The rest of the week can only be better, right?

I hope that you had a “Spooktacular” day!

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment