10.05.2011

They Say It’s Your Birthday…

Na, naa, na, naa, na, naaa, na-na!  Yesterday marked the big 2-7 for me and it couldn’t have been a better day.  I felt for once like I had a summer birthday because temperatures reached 90 degrees and it was Hot!  My ideal fall day.  I was also of course spoiled all day by some of the best friends, family and students I could ask for!  Basically, I was on cloud nine. 

DSC02439

The day started at school when one of my students came marching in carrying a bag nearly as big as he was and a grin that was also just as big.  He quietly sat the bag by my desk, got his book tub and started reading.  Of course I had to check out what it was and it was the cutest fall wreath and some treats that I could keep in my desk for those days I just need a little something extra.  I could not believe one of my students (and his mom) remembered my birthday...…but I quickly realized most of my kids knew...and they told everyone!  They even made me the nicest birthday cards in art and sang me Happy Birthday when I shared the cupcakes that I made for them.  I also got flowers at school from my mom.  They are beau-ti-ful!

Then my sweet sister came all the way to Ashland to visit me.  With M2M out of the way we got to go for a nice leisure walk.  She also spoiled me with with cinnamon pumpkin soap, a water bottle and gift cards to Hobby Lobby and Bath and Body Works.  With lots of visitors yesterday, Naomi, Lainey and Ellie also popped by.  Lainey was of great assistance in opening the present they brought : )  My mom also stopped over for a visit and went above and beyond in the birthday department.  I am already penciling in the massage she got for me and can’t wait to light my new candle!  She also got me the sweetest book, On the Day You Were Born.  It was so fitting.

Last night, the birthday girl got to pick out the restaurant that Trent and I were going to eat at.  With little hesitation I jumped on the opportunity to eat at El Bee’s, one of my favorite restaurants! 

Then, today at school I got an e-mail from the school secretary saying that I had another “special delivery” in the office.  Of course all I could think about was what could it be and who could it be from?  Hold on to your seats, because I am now the proud owner of two goldfish.  Yep, waiting in the office for me was a glass fishbowl with two little goldfish staring up at me.  The story behind the goldfish deserves a post of its own and will come soon...with pictures.  Don’t worry!

Now I really need to refocus on school.  In honor of my birthday week I have majorly slacked in the work department.  I have papers to check and lesson plans to do!  Until next time...

{The Launes}

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it was 90 degrees! I would not like that, but I guess it was fitting for you :) Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete